November 26, 2008

Iron, lady!


I really needed to iron yesterday, though I didn't feel like it at all. The shirts, skirts and pants had been piling up, and since K. has to wear a shirt to work and didn't have any left, I didn't have much of a choice.
"Can I help you, mommy?", H. asked. Ever since she's got this little iron and board from her daddy on a street sale, she likes to iron. "Sure! What would you like to iron?", I asked her. "Well, I'll iron what you've just ironed.", she said.
Hmm, that's a tough one. I didn't want to discourage her from "helping" me, but re-do K.'s freshly ironed shirts? "What about you iron all the clothes which are still on the floor in your room?". "Ok!", she said and off she went to her room and came back with the pile of clothes that had been sitting on her floor for the last couple of days. "Now, that's a good strategy. Have to try to remember that one!", I thought to myself.
We turned on some music and both started ironing, right next to each other. She took it really seriously, asking me what was the best way to iron a skirt, pants, ... She even ironed her socks and tights and wanted me to show her how to fold tights. She was so cute being her serious self, it didn't take me very long before I went to get my camera. As she was working along, I was taking pictures. She finished her entire pile and had it nicely folded.

As for me, well that's a different story ...
Related Posts with Thumbnails