February 22, 2009

Birds of a feather...



We're back from our little trip to the seaside! And apart from one of our girls ending up having a gastro (which luckily didn't last too long and from which she recovered really well), it was great! We had only one day of rain, otherwise the weather was really nice, sunny even! I promised my girls I would take my camera with me only once...which I did on Wednesday, the sunniest day of the week as it turned out. We went for a long walk, had the beach to ourselves, and spotted all kind of things... like feathers. I got really inspired by these tiny, soft, perfectly white, seagull feathers, some of them having droplets of water sitting on them, every single one totally different, the gentle movement of the little hairs with the wind... I thought they were simply beautiful!

Birds of a feather

And shells! Lots of them. We collected some to take home as little H. wants to show them in class. And although Valentine's Day has past already, we thought these looked like Valentine's Day hearts...



But there was more on the beach... like art (and I mean real Art), of which I'll show you some pictures later...
The kids have one more week off from school and it looks like it will be another busy week, but I'm sure I'll be able to check in from time to time and hope you'll do the same!

Cheers!
P.
Related Posts with Thumbnails