December 17, 2009

Snow flakes

Snow Flake


These two pictures were shot one week apart. Exactly one week ago, I spotted this little fellow on our balcony, happily dancing around, preparing what might have been his last dinner (I looked it up: spiders either die or hibernate when winter hits). The thermometer indicated 14°C. The temperatures have dropped considerably since, flirting with a mere 0°C for days in a row, now.

This morning my girls were the ones to be happily dancing around. In the news, they announced snow for today, but when we woke up, there was no snow to be seen. "Ah, well! They got it wrong again...", we said.
Fifty minutes later, however, when we were about to leave for school it started snowing - and it still is. The girls just loved it. The two of them ran upfront all the way to school, while I was struggling, pulling the caddy loaded with snacks for H.'s Christmas party in class and both girls' teachers' presents. I kept looking down, watching my steps - glasses are so annoying with this kind of weather...

I just looked outside my window and everything is covered in white and looks so peaceful. Will this be enough to get me in the mood for the holidays...? Not so sure... But it definitely got the girls in a good mood.
It's sticky snow, so it might last. I hope the girls had their snow fight at recess...their first one, for this year...



Come on, let yourself get infused by the season and ENJOY the snow.

I love the silence it brings along, all sounds are covered through it, all is clean and white and when the sun is coming out - I think there is nothing better around Christmas to have snow.

Sending you warm greetings, also covered with snowflakes,


Nicole/brussels said...

here in Brussels it's also snowing, not just a little bit,the traffic has problems,my bus normaly takes 10min to bring me home, this time it was 1 hour! And we had to leave the bus before our stop, because he could not advance anymore!I had still a lot to walk home, until then I was looking just like a snowman, and you know what? I really liked it!

RosaMaría said...

we have a lot of sun here!!! the wheather is great: not hot just chilli... your photograps: sublimes!

mon ami said...

these are gorgeous photos, I especially love that you captured snow flakes not just a blanket of snow.

We were expecting a big snow dump (20cm) in Vancouver last weekend and I was really excited for it but all we got was rain:(

So please enjoy some snow for me

karen said...

Your photos are beautiful, Pascale! I especially love the delicate, wee snowflakes. It was 17 degrees with a fierce wind this morning in New England, which brought tears to our eyes (and not in a good way). I think it's challenging to feel merry too (so much to be done!), but you're right: we celebrate the magic and spirit of Christmas in our children. Sending you a hug!

cindy said...

these are so perfect together. it's snowing here now and i'd be happy to capture such a precious snowflake! enjoy your weekend!

Maria Amélia said...

Wow! Great picture. Yesterday I have done a crochet snowflake. Would you allow I publish this picture on my blog? (with credits for you, of course). Here in Brazil we don't have snow (except in the extreme south - sometimes)and I'd love to show a real snowflake to brazilian bloggers .

Related Posts with Thumbnails