May 5, 2010

And another one yet...



My brain is totally in "bag mode" these days
This one's a bit more in my comfort zone, color wise...
It just depends on the day, I guess.


I needed fabric for the lining of this one. So, I went to the Marché St.-Pierre yesterday morning. My favorite store also carries leather now. I didn't buy any, not this time, but I had the hardest time to resist. They had the most gorgeous purple leather, perfect weight, very soft. Would have been nice for a purse. I'd better stop thinking about it!

I did find some absolutely great linen, though - stripes, in very soft shades, candy colors really, on a brown background. It took me a while to make up my mind as I found it a bit pricey at first, but now I'm really glad I bought it.
It's weird, but with nice fabric like that I'm finding it really hard to start cutting, too worried to destroy what's perfect, and also because I realize that one project eliminates another potentially better project, once the fabric cut.

So, for now, I just want to look at it, unfold it to admire the colors, drape it to see its flow. No scissors allowed yet!

11 comments:

nicole/brussels said...

deze tas vind ik wel de mooiste aller tassen, deze "koele tinten" vind ik perfect, alles eraan is mooi, ook het binnenzakje! je hebt echt designer kwaliteiten, zowel wat ontwerp als kleur betreft!

Ravenhill said...

what a stylish and gorgeous bag. I love how you combine the various types of fabrics and the design is so great.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

That lining material is beautiful I wouldn't want to cut it either. I think you should go and buy the purple because you are not going to sleep until you do....aren't you buying stock for your shop?? ;-) PS another super special bag!

cindy said...

i love all the colors you've been using. the brown and pale blue are really pretty, but i think i just like everything you make!

DangAndBlast! said...

Do you ever go to Relma? I know it's bookbinding supplies (at least the half that I've gone to), but you can get dreamy leather there...

DangAndBlast! said...

And, beautiful bag.

K*and*Co said...

Tes sacs sont vraiment très beaux!
J'adore la sobriété de celui-ci mais aussi les couleurs éclatantes du précédents!

eloleo said...

Voor jou zouden ze nog een paar superlatieven extra moeten uitvinden, 't is niet straf genoeg uit te drukken hoe mooi jij alles toch maakt!

Crafting in the beach hut said...

Another beauty - so simple and elegant.

Totally know what you mean about not being able to cut scrummy new fabric - it's worth it though when you create something beautiful with it. Look forward to seeing more of your makes, Lucy xox

RosaMaría said...

what a beautiful bag!

said...

Dear Pascale,

the bags look lovely again - I have nothing to add to your creation (nor a wish to reduce something)... GO ON and fingers crossed for a shop opening very soon!

Your small bag is doing me great favors, and the best is I can find the most important things easily with the inner bags.

Have a great weekend,

Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails