July 23, 2011

Flower power :: a bracelet

leather flower bracelet I don't know what took me so long to post this. Maybe the fact that this was a craft totally gone wrong at first. It's the same flower as the ones here and here. Only, the leather was of such poor quality that it looked horrendous. Since it couldn't get any worse I decided to wet the leather and shape it (read: wrinkle it, roll it, twist it, ...) and the result you can see. Not the best I've made so far, but it was nice to actually see you can shape leather with just a bit of water (and a lot of patience for it to dry). Next, all I did was threading it onto a leather shoe lace I still had sitting around and that's it!

I'm signing off now and just so you know: I'm taking a short break from blogging.
But no worries, I'll be back soon...

Wishing you a great weekend!

Cheers, P.

21 comments:

nicole/brussels said...

ik vind dit supermooi, is eens iets anders, en toch in elegante vorm, het leder is mooi gevormd, echt een mooie armband!

Patricia said...

Mooie ontdekking!
Love it!!!

Valerie said...

This is how the delicious betises de cambray were born !
GORGEOUS ! I would buy one without hesitation !

Marjolein said...

Prachtig! Ik vind hem eerlijk gezegd nog mooier dan de andere twee...

Elsa said...

It's really beautiful on your wrist ~ love it!

Jocelyn said...

Three cheers for projects gone wrong! I love it! So gorgeous.

joanie said...

It looks stunning!

vicki archer said...

Very pretty...have a great break...xv

blue moss said...

I totally love it...certainly one of my favorite things you have made (but my list is long...love so many things you make!).
Enjoy your break.
Michelle

Belichek said...

so gently)

Cindy said...

i really love it and would agree with michelle that it's a favorite of mine, too. enjoy your break!

Elke said...

The result is beautiful! I've been wetting leather lately & playing with it....i'm embossing old glass jar textures. just found your blog & I love it! thank you-

Bridget said...

This looks so pretty, sometimes things work out for the best when it doesn't seem that way at first. I love the soft look of this leather flower, I'm thinking of adding a vintage pin or earring in the center and using a satin ribbon tie. Thank you for sharing this idea.

Fleur said...

Wat mooi! Een echt polssieraad.

bluebird said...

I love when things gone wrong turn out better than the expected result. Beautiful!

P. said...

like it very much.great idea :)

Petit a Petit and family said...

The water effect is gorgeous... Io love this flower much, much more than the others you've posted before. I think I might try wetting some leather too... Thank you for the inspiration!

Kolleen Kilduff said...

what a "happy accident" it is lovely. leather is tricky i have been playing with it recently and each kind acts totally different from the other.

Jessica said...

Sometimes the most wonderful things come from accidents.

Bromeliad said...

I like it better than the other ones.

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

Beautiful accident!

Related Posts with Thumbnails