June 14, 2012

Avril in June

 Avril

No this is not another post complaining about the weather, though it could have been as Spring really... No, lets just not go there!

Avril

Avril simply is the name of some really nice yarn (thread?) I bought a long time ago at a crafts fair but which has remained untouched until now. Avril is a Japanese label for all natural yarns and thread. What I liked about mine is the subtle variegated color (and the way it's presented on a simple but stylish cardboard cone) - the base color is moss, but the tones range from khaki green to darkish grey almost. Lovely!

Avril

It's been sitting on my shelf for almost two years and I'm glad I remembered it when I was thinking about making friendship bracelets - I like knotting and I was looking for a fast little project in between... (euh, fast?! I'm still not done and I started it on Sunday.)

Avril

It combines really well with the tiny copper beads, I believe... it's nice to the touch and perfect for knotting.

Avril

Any little gems hidden in your closet?
Related Posts with Thumbnails