July 16, 2012

Denim Flowers :: a DIY


 denim flowers :: a DIY

It's been a while again since my last post, but I'm still here. As a matter of fact we just got back this morning from a short break at the seaside. Summer vacation started exactly two weeks ago and we've been extremely busy.   I even missed my beach bag tutorial going live on Design*Sponge! Yes, you read that correctly - Design*Sponge! It surely made my day! And if you're still planning on making one too, make sure to check out the article as there are more step-by-step pictures on D*S than in the original post.

denim flowers :: a DIY

And here's yet another tutorial - after more than two weeks spent without having touched any fabric, needle and thread, or doing anything creative, I could no longer resist! Inspiration, was the lovely leather flower brooch I got myself during the sales here in Paris.  It got me thinking and I came up with a denim flower, made from old jeans (which had been cut to pieces anyway for other projects).
 

 It's a very simple but rewarding craft. A kid could do it -  it could make a nice craft for a rainy afternoon, actually. Find the step-by-step instructions in the photo-collage below. Sew a pin at the back and use the flowers to spruce up a plain shirt or jacket. Or how about making a bunch and sewing them on a tote or pillow. The possibilities are endless and really, all it takes is 15 minutes. 
denim flowers :: a DIY

To have slight color variances between petal layers, I used pieces of fabric from two different pair of jeans. The flower petals are cut  'free-style' which adds to the charm of the flower. For an even more frayed look, I suggest to throw the finished flower in the washing machine and dryer. Give it a try, you can't go wrong on this one! Have fun!!

10 comments:

Ana said...

Very cute! I have a ton of old jeans lying around waiting to be cut in strips for crocheting, but maybe I'll save a pair for some pretty flowers. Thanks!

Lian van den Brink said...

Nice!

Le said...

Lovely!

Roben-Marie said...

These are beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :)

Elizabeth said...

i love these... hartelijke groeten uit Nederland.

Anonymous said...

Can someone tell me what the instructions are? I can't zoom in for some reason...

sahici hersey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sahici hersey said...

bunlar gerçekten çok güzel şeyler

albina N muro said...

If you've got a birthday party and you want to put up some colorful decorations within a short time, then these paper cup flowers. Germany

joy said...

The mind is a great philosopher. And life is not a philosophy, life is a reality. And philosophy is an escape from reality; philosophy means thinking. Life is, there is no question of thought. You can simply jump into it. You can simply experience it. Visit my site for more information.Thank you.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Related Posts with Thumbnails