September 12, 2012
Made this cake yesterday. I used our basic cake recipe, cinnamon sugar and two crumpled and sad looking apples and threw things together in a mixing bowl. Everyone loved it. So, I had to write down the recipe... For next time when we end up with crumpled apples.
Cinnamon Apple mixture
1/4 cup of white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 apples, peeled and cored and cut into small cubes
1. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. In a bowl, add 2 tsp of the cinnamon sugar mix to the apple cubes. Mix with a spoon to make sure all apples are coated.
3. Reserve the rest of the cinnamon sugar for later.
125 g butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
250g flour, combined with 2 tsp baking powder (i.e. 1 sachet de levure chimique, when you're in France)
and a pinch of salt
2 tbsp of yoghurt
1. In a mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
2. Add eggs to mixture and mix until well combined.
3. Next, mix in flour and mix until well combined.
4. Mix in yoghurt.
5. Stir in apple cinnamon mixture.
6. Pour cake mixture in a round cake mold, coated with butter and flour. You could also use a round piece of parchment paper on the bottom.
7. Generously sprinkle cinnamon sugar over batter before inserting in the oven.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean in a 180°C oven.
9. Let cool on a rack.
Whatever's left of the cinnamon sugar mix, I keep in a little jar with lid. The girls love this on their toast in the mornings (not sure if the dentist would approve, though...).