March 13, 2009

Kitchen Utensils on Black

It all started with an invite to post one of my egg pictures in the "ART for Kitchen and Dining room"-group on Flickr. Just reading the name of the group and I found myself instantly in the kitchen, grabbing things to make photographs of.
So, here's a small selection of the many, many pictures I took of a whisk, a skimmer, a grater and a strainer.

Whisk 1

Whisk 2
Now, can you think of a better tool to make nice creamy and swirly batter with than a whisk?? With "swirl" being this week's word of the week at "Inspire me Thursday", by taking these pictures, I already had my contribution ready without knowing it...

Skimmer 3

Skimmer 2

Skimmer 1

Grater 2

Grater 1

Strainer 2

Strainer 1

13 comments:

nicole/brussels said...

prachtige foto's , ik ben echt verbaasd , zo'n mooie resultaten , eenvoudig en toch zéér sterk !

karen m. said...

Who knew kitchen utensils could be so striking and intriguing and dramatic? Fascinating photos! I do like my whisk, but tongs might be my favorite. Hope you have a good weekend!

cindy : quaint said...

i think they're all cool, but my favorite is the first one.

ELK said...

pascale ~your images really are so amazing...imagine such every day tools as art...so very nice here!

Francesca said...

Amazing! Did you start out with the white background, and then decided for black? The contrast between the shiny metal and the opaque black is stricking: well done!
PS I couldn't have done it ... my kitchen tools are not so very shiny at the moment:)!

sunnymama said...

Great photos! They are very striking.

jane said...

Wow! Who knew a whisk could be so artsy! Great pictures!

Pascale said...

Thanks everyone!

I had really fun making these pictures and learned quite a few things from it, about working with a black background...

to Francesca: I started with black right away as I thought it would capture the shiny metal better...

Lovely Little Lovelies said...

you manage to make everything looks nice...even kitchen untensils!

debg said...

Great photos and a fun take on "swirl."

Annette Q said...

What an original idea for this topic!...And beautiful photos:-)

laurel said...

Awesome photos!

Robert F. Crocker said...

I agree with your suggestions. Thanks for sharing all, this is helpful for many people. I am truly pleased to read this post which carries lots of helpful data, thanks for providing these kinds of information. Click Here

Related Posts with Thumbnails