June 3, 2009

Trying something new...

When my friend L. asked me if there was anything she could bring for me from the U.S., I didn't need to think for too long: freezer paper. "Freezer what?" Yes, freezer paper! And Trader Joe's Mac'n cheese - a special request from the girls!

I've been on the outlook for it for quite a while, but there's no such thing as freezer paper to be found around here! I tried to order it from the U.S. - but to no avail: neither Amazon, nor Dharma Trading would ship it to Europe. So, my guess is that there must be a regulation issue...

Anyway, L. brought me a big roll of freezer paper (thank you so much!) and I used it for the first time today! Ever since I laid my hands on Lotta Jansdotter's book, I've been wanting to experiment with paint on fabric - I've painted on fabric before, but never used stencils. So, that's exactly what I did today! I'm not sure about my "design" - drawing being not exactly my best skill, I find it not quite balanced. I hope it will turn out OK enough, though, as I need it for M.'s birthday present I'm planning to make.

The fabric is still drying and I'm not supposed to peel off the freezer paper until completely dry, but I can tell you my fingers are itching, if you know what I mean. Note added: I just peeled of a teeny tiny piece - couldn't wait...

So, here's a sneak preview - the end result will be as much of a surprise to you as it will be to me... I'll keep you posted!

Related Posts with Thumbnails