August 7, 2009

Père Lachaise Differently



We had out-of-town visitors this week so things have been a bit busy around here. Busy but fun.
Yesterday, the girls and I joined our guests to visit Père Lachaise, and though I'd been there a couple of times, I'd never visited it on a bright sunny day. Because that's what we've been having for an entire week now, nice, sunny and hot weather. I thought the cemetery would loose much of its "charm" on a bright sunny day like this. Aren't graveyards to be associated with gray, cold, foggy weather, with darkness and sadness... ?
Well, the place was simply beautiful yesterday, maybe a bit of weird thing to say about a graveyard - I'm not depressed in case you're wondering....
A feast of light and shadows unfolded in front of our eyes. I've never seen rustiness and decay being more beautiful, more peaceful, more serene, more majestic...
Even the artificial flowers and ceramic wreaths with their faded colors, the cobwebs and dust of decades became of a magnificent beauty...

There's something about that place, even on a bright sunny day...


I just love the color palette in this one...



My sister-in-law's favorite picture in the set - almost like a painting, she said...



Moss and wreath happily living together...





The beauty of rustiness...



Taken in natural light...sun, trees, moss and dandelion playing games...



Statue almost one with the surrounding chestnut trees...

Click here to see the full set on Flickr.
Related Posts with Thumbnails