August 6, 2009

Up, là-haut...



I took the kids to the movie Up, yesterday, in an attempt to escape from the heat and also just because we wanted to see it. It's a little gem! The three of us loved it! And this girl here has been sobbing, not once but several times. A very touching movie with a clear message: it's never too late to follow those dreams... Need to bear that in mind more often!

Well, luckily drawing has never been one of my dreams. The picture above was made by - no, not one of the kids; they would have done a better job. It was made by me, with the Wacom Bamboo One drawing pad I bought a while ago and that has been collecting dust ever since...
I'm afraid it's just not for me... I had hoped to be able to retouch photographs with it or to be able to make small sketches (for my tutorials!) with it, but I can't seem to get proper control over that pen. Good thing H. likes it. She had a go at it several times and was pretty successful at it!

Now, In case you're interested in using this tool for retouching photographs, check out this link which I found through One Pretty Thing. You will find step by step instructions on how to touch up photographs using Photoshop and a Wacom tablet.
But for now, this girl is going to put her Wacom tablet right back where it was, a hidden dusty corner...
Related Posts with Thumbnails