August 31, 2009

Summer fruits...

Reines Claudes
Reines Claudes

This was a summer of indulgence - at least that's what my balance is trying to tell me. Plus two kilo - about four and a half pounds! Nothing dramatically, I know, but I just can feel it - the excess sitting somewhere around the waist, I mean... And knowing myself too well: it will be hard to get rid of the excess fat. Too much ice cream for dessert over the past few weeks, I'm afraid, and too much of everything else too - it just came with the happy feeling of a good summer celebrated in good company.

pears
Poires Williams

So, no more unhealthy desserts for me for a while. I'll just stick to yummy summer fruit instead: plums in all their varieties, nectarines and peaches (soon their season will be over...), pears, figs, grapes, red and green ... I just love the fruits (the end) of summer brings.

And: no Martha Stewart Rustic Plum Tart for me right now, though it used to be one of my favorite's at this time of the year... It's SO good!
So maybe YOU should just try it and let me know what it was like...
Related Posts with Thumbnails