November 16, 2009

Hokey Pokey Ladybug

Ladybug Hokey Pokey

I've been feeling a bit under the weather the last couple of days. It started on Friday night with some sneezing. And then, on Saturday, I woke up with a bad cold and a slight migraine. I have a history of bad migraines, which tend to last four days when not taken care of immediately. The timing of this one couldn't be better, with K. leaving on Sunday for the week. I took some meds, the migraine subsided, but not the cold.
I still felt lousy on Sunday morning, had to lay down for a nap after I finished ironing K.'s shirts. And then, when K. left, M. started crying. The girls are used to their daddy going on business trips once in a while and they're fine with it. But this time M. was really sad and worried. Worried his plane would come down... Poor little thing... I felt sad seeing her like that. I pulled myself out of the couch, took some ibuprofen and then we started on a project she'd been asking for, for a while (more about our little project later this week). Little H. preferred to paint and sat down with us at the table with her paint, brushes and some "pastels gras". And you know what? We had a wonderful afternoon being crafty together like that. Seems like the best remedy when feeling not well is doing something fun and creative.
Things got even better when I spotted this ladybug in our bedroom (at this time of the year - can you believe it?!). Ladybugs bring luck, I told my girls - and M. promptly felt relieved: daddy would be fine!

When later that night I had a look at the pictures I took (of course I did - they're not great, a bit out-of-focus even, but somehow I like them a lot - those legs and that little butt!!) I couldn't help but think of the Hokey Pokey. When M. was little we used to dance the Hokey Pokey a lot. It would make her giggle and feel happy and me too. Baby M., she grew up so fast... Maybe we should just re-introduce the Hokey Pokey - a happy, silly dance for when we feel a little down or sad...
Thanks for the reminder, Hokey Pokey Ladybug!

Wishing you all a happy, healthy week!

Cheers,

P.
Related Posts with Thumbnails