March 9, 2010

Free style crochet and a bottle

free style crochet :: bottle cosy

We've been drinking juice from glass bottles again, lately, because we think it tastes better. I threw out the first couple of bottles until I realized how pretty they were. Simple, straight, clear glass bottles. The perfect vase for spring flowers, or for the willow catkins we still have (they started to shoot roots). The perfect water bottle too, and since it comes with a lid, we could even take it to the park for a pic-nic.

I also kept them because I had a couple of decorating ideas in mind I wanted to try for the longest time. And here's the first one: a crocheted bottle cozy (or is it more like a cuff?) inspired by this This may seem like a bit of a stretch, but really, these pillows are what got me inspired!

Since I didn't have a pattern readily available and I didn't feel like counting from a picture either, I decided to do some free style crochet instead. And I'm totally pleased with the way it turned out, to the extent that I want to further explore my free style crochet capabilities... To be continued...

free style crochet :: bottle cosy

free style crochet :: bottle cosy

free style crochet :: bottle cosy
Related Posts with Thumbnails