March 9, 2010

Free style crochet and a bottle

free style crochet :: bottle cosy

We've been drinking juice from glass bottles again, lately, because we think it tastes better. I threw out the first couple of bottles until I realized how pretty they were. Simple, straight, clear glass bottles. The perfect vase for spring flowers, or for the willow catkins we still have (they started to shoot roots). The perfect water bottle too, and since it comes with a lid, we could even take it to the park for a pic-nic.

I also kept them because I had a couple of decorating ideas in mind I wanted to try for the longest time. And here's the first one: a crocheted bottle cozy (or is it more like a cuff?) inspired by this This may seem like a bit of a stretch, but really, these pillows are what got me inspired!

Since I didn't have a pattern readily available and I didn't feel like counting from a picture either, I decided to do some free style crochet instead. And I'm totally pleased with the way it turned out, to the extent that I want to further explore my free style crochet capabilities... To be continued...

free style crochet :: bottle cosy

free style crochet :: bottle cosy

free style crochet :: bottle cosy

17 comments:

One Flew Over said...

WOW! The bottle looks fantastic in it's new outfit.

holly p said...

Pretty! And very unique. Makes me wish I could crochet!

creativejewishmom.com said...

This is gorgeous! I just love your clean style and when I realized you live in Paris, so I'm commenting again to invite you to my blog party whose premise is "international" so I really need some English speaking crafters like you from around the world to reach my goal!
Please drop by @creativejewishmom.com!

nicole/brussels said...

wat vind ik dit mooi!!!sober kleurtje, goed passend bij de glazen fles! ik zie het prentje zo voor me, een vensterbank met zo'n drietal flesjes, elk met een zachtroze, bijna witte tulp!

blue moss said...

so amazingly fabulous!!!! i totally love it (do you care if i feature it on my blog?)
michelle

Pascale said...

No problem at all, Michelle! I consider that as a real compliment to be honest... Thank you!

virginia said...

yes, i love this! it carries nature's beauty one step further.

Kelly O. said...

very pretty!

cindy said...

the bottle cozy is fantastic! you are so smart and creative! it reminds me of a spider's web.

mon ami said...

I think this is just beautiful! Especially the free form of your crochet. This is a great idea for juice jars.
xo

said...

Very delicate and such a nice idea!

The bottle looks like milk bottels we get here, so I will get some of them and think about a decoration as well.

vividity said...

That's just perfect! Not too much, not too little. Well done you!

Dressim said...

Amazingly beautiful! Very creative, congratulations...

erin said...

fantastic. wishing i could drop everything and learn to crochet, free-style. stunning work.

elk said...

so artistic . anything on a beautiful bottle is a gem to me

jane said...

love this!

Andrea, the little collector said...

I love that inspiration can spark something quite different from itself. The inspiration and your interpretation/exploration are both lovely.

Related Posts with Thumbnails