October 6, 2010

Poncho... finally



For years in a row M. has been asking me to knit her a poncho.
When our friends came to visit us in Paris a couple of weeks ago, one of their girls was wearing a gorgeous hand knit poncho. I had a proper look at it, took all the measurements and even counted the stitches and number of rows. I had no excuse anymore not to knit her that poncho, except for the lack of the right yarn, maybe. "Something with blue, mommy!" I went yarn hunting several times and was close to the state of despair when I finally found some yarn yesterday which I thought would look nice on M. She wasn't convinced at first, but with the help of a little swatch she was able to make up her mind. So yesterday evening I knit and knit and I'm happy to announce that I'm almost half way the poncho thanks to fat needles and some really yummy fat yarn! And I really need to finish this one as I already have another one on order. A pinkish red version for little H. - will she ever outgrow her love for pink, I wonder?

So, sorry K., but I'm afraid you'll have to withstand at least a couple more nights of ticking needles next to you in the couch. Can't help it - the girls told me so...





11 comments:

cagio said...

that yarn is beautiful - would you mind passing along the details?

Pascale said...

It is nice, isn't it!? It's from Plassard, a brand I didn't know, made in Italy. Here are the details: Plassard - Baroque, Color 3. It's a 55% Wool - 45% Acrylic blend. US needles 11, or in Europe needles 7 (though I'm using an 8 right now). It can be hand washed. I hope this helps!

Laura said...

Looks great - you're going to show us a picture of the finished picture, right?

cindy said...

i love it already, especially the yarn and your wonderful photos.

nicole/brussels said...

mooi, mooi, kleuren zijn zéér mooi, de wol zo te zien geeft goesting om iets te breien! toon ons aub het eindresultaat met een mooie foto! ik wacht al in spanning af!

britt said...

the yarn looks scrumpcious. what kind is it?

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Lovely yarn, that poncho is going to be beautiful...can't wait to see it finished :-)

Holly Springett said...

Just discovered your lovely blog, the yarn you're using is beautiful!

baukje said...

I am looking forward to see the poncho, the yarn is gorgeous, which yarn did you use?

Champagne/StitchPoet/CrushParty said...

can't wait to see it finished! the yarn is beautiful!

pardalote said...

Lovely yarn and *stunning* photos :-) Thanks for sharing the details, can't wait to see the poncho!

Related Posts with Thumbnails