October 1, 2010

The week in a jar

the week in a jar

This is the jar I keep within reach while sewing. All loose ends and bits and pieces of fabric end up in the jar. The bigger pieces go in a separate scrap bag, which is getting way too big, by the way.
I like my little jar. It's a nice way of keeping track of projects - a time line in a jar. A sequence of projects.

the week in a jar

So, yes, I've been busy sewing again. Several projects at the same time, as a matter of fact. Maybe they'll end up on the blog one day, maybe not.
I still have to see about that...

Have a great weekend!


xo, P.


the week in a jar

10 comments:

Vicki said...

That's such a cool idea...and it looks so pretty, too! I may have to start my own jar...=)

cindy said...

i love your idea, pascale!

nicole/brussels said...

goed gevonden, origineel ook!
benieuwd wat je gemaakt heb!

virginia said...

oooh, life jam!

tres cool.

kate said...

my 'sewing scrap bag' is a small shopping bag from a luxury store. i love it when it gets time to empty it - as i empty it into the trash i am reminded of all the projects that helped fill it.

Vebo said...

niiice idea! my sister do the same thing, im gonna do the same thing everytime when i do my embroidery, a very good way to recicle!
saludos!

by night said...

I do the exact same... in a homemade fabric bin... but the jar is much cooler... as you say it is fun to have that time line effect...

britt said...

i love that. i use a little linen basket that i made to hold my scraps. but being able to see them all through the sides totally rocks. maybe i need a new holder.

blue moss said...

what a lovely idea....
you make everything look so good :)

Beetroot said...

What an awesome idea! I've been collecting my scraps/thread ends etc. in a fabric box but this is way much cooler!

Related Posts with Thumbnails