March 30, 2011

New tool



I finally got myself a real leather punch and I'm pretty pleased with it as it looks good, I believe. Simple, sleek, just the way I like it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to put it through the test any time soon. We've decided to move - No panic! We stay in Paris! As a matter of fact we even stay on the same block - just a different apartment, slightly bigger. But this means a lot of work in the weeks to come (we'll be moving the second week of April, most likely).  No time for new tutorials, I'm afraid, but I intend to keep posting here. Pictures of things going on and - who knows - a little craft or so, whipped together in the wee hours, and a story or two...



PS: Cindy has a dog - I have a bird, don't you think?! It makes me think a bit of Mo Willems' pigeon. And talking about pigeons - I had a very bad encounter with a pigeon yesterday, or worse, with its droppings... I'll spare you the gross details, as gross it was...   That too is Paris...





9 comments:

ArtMind said...

Great pics of your new toy, Pascale!
Happy moving! I don't envy you packing up boxes and all that jazz! Good luck and take it easy, we're not going anywhere! ;)

Laura said...

Hooray for new tools! It's so nice to have tools that work properly on the material you need them for. Have fun with your leather work. And good luck on your move - I don't envy you that at all but I'm sure you'll appreciate the extra space.

Jacqui said...

More space! How exciting and I'm glad you're not leaving Paris, I love reading about your city and getting an idea of what it's like to live there (it can be hard for me to imagine real people living real lives in these iconic cities!). I bought my daughter a Paris hoodie yesterday and she's in heaven as Paris is her favourite city. Of course she's only 5 and a half and has never been to Paris, but it has poodles! and the Eiffel Tower! I think we'll have to pay a visit someday. This might be an odd question but at what age do you think a kid would really get lots out of a trip to Paris? We thought perhaps 10 or 12?

Being pooed on by a pigeon is supposed to be lucky, but I must say I never feel that way when it happens to me!

Cindy said...

i love how you turn a simple tool into an abstract work of art and i do see a bird! good luck with the move and i had the same experience with a pigeon, while i was waiting for scott by the elevated subway. i hope the poo brings you luck as they say!

Kylie said...

Such a beautiful thing :) K

blue moss said...

the 2 of you....cindy and her dog and you and your pigeon, make me laugh!!
hooray for paris!! and hooray for a bigger apartment!! :)
michelle

129twigandvine.com said...

Nothing so lovely as a new tool! The funny thing is, I saw a leather punch just yesterday in a horse barn and it was rusty and patinaed with years of use and I also found it beautiful (and made a note to myself that I would have to ask to borrow it sometime). Will look forward to seeing where you go with leather.

karen m. said...

And this is why I love your blog, Pascale! You share the beautiful, the ugly, the joy, and...the poo. You are so very real and so very wonderful. Good luck with your move!

cucicucicoo said...

fabulous pictures of a simple tool. :) lisa

Related Posts with Thumbnails