June 20, 2011

An afternoon through the lens



When I asked M. what she'd liked to do for the afternoon yesterday while little sis was gone to a birthday party, she said "I want you to teach me how to use the camera". She was referring to my old camera, my Nikon D40, the first DSLR I ever bought. I use a D90 now, but held on to the the much lighter D40 for special purposes and to teach my kids one day. Well it seems like that day has come.

M. new exactly what she wanted to do - walk around the neighborhood and take pictures. So, off we went, both equipped with a camera. The afternoon flew by. It was fun and interesting at the same time, in the sense that even though you walk on the same street, you see different things or the same things differently. I really liked our little photographic experiment and I hope there will be more to follow.

As for now, I'm really proud to show you a couple of the shots my eleven year old made.

She's got talent and a good eye, if you ask me...

Wishing you a happy Monday,

P.









Vide grenier

15 comments:

jms said...

great pictures and great colors. I like it very much.

SewHappyGeek said...

Wow, she definitely has talent! They're better than mine are, lol!

nicole/brussels said...

mooie opname's M. Je mag deze zomer een foto nemen van me, met nieuwe bril!

Tracy said...

She's got a wonderful eye and an excellent sense of composition. It's such a treat to see the world through their eyes, isn't it?

Meg the Grand said...

These are very well done! Bravo to M!

Erika Lee Sears said...

I just adore your photos. :) It's amazing what you can see through a lens.

Amber said...

Beautiful blog! I am trying to contact you but your posted email address is not correct. How can we contact you? Thanks!

Janiece said...

She sure does have an eye!
I love the chair picture.

blue moss said...

sounds like a great day!
and she is so talented!!
michelle

by night said...

elle est bourrée de talent! quel oeil! et quelle jolie manière de regarder ce qui l'entoure!

susan said...

i love her photos! very talented!! i hope you encourage her to take more, you were right she does have a great eye!!
fantastic work!

marjolijn said...

http://justmeandmydad.wordpress.com/

might inspire you to go out together more often!

Sarah said...

Love the photos! Thanks for sharing.

-Sarah
@DearSarah

said...

Yes, she has an eye - so sweet what the little ones see and catch with their camera. And we can give them ours (or the old ones) and the can take picture after picture because ther is no more paying for each photo (also the blurred ones) as we used to when we were young...

Easter we have been at Berlin and made a boat trip on the Spree River - the kids (now 4&3) took the camera and clicked, a lot of funny and great photos came out of it.

Sorry I haven't paid you a visit that long but your bag is still in use and it's always reinding me of you. I need a time out from blogland though, but I have to come by more often...

Take care,

Nina

Madame Nicky said...

Love your blog! So superduper excellent!

Nicky

www.schlitzies.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails