July 21, 2011

Work in progress...



Linen, cotton and unbleached molton on the inside.
No pattern to start with - it happened as I went.
I love the dirty yellow, though the fabric was terrible to work with.
I'm in the process right now of hand sewing the binding - every night a little bit, one stitch at a time. I really enjoy this - it's very soothing - so I'm taking it slowly.
I'm still thinking about the quilting - by hand for sure, but not certain about the pattern yet, if any at all. I might go for knotting again...
I never thought making a quilt this size would be such a physical process - after one afternoon on all four piecing layers together my back was all sore. 

Though I love the new blanket in the workings, I hope we won't need an extra blanket anytime soon...
So, Summer, can you please come back? We would really, REALLY appreciate it...








8 comments:

Rie said...

Its looking great - you'll be toasty warm whilst you quilt it!

Ana said...

Beautiful! I also love that mustardy yellow, it was the first thing that caught my eye. And the grey binding.

Creative Mom said...

I love the fabric colors and texture combinations. Show us the whole thing please ;)

Pascale said...

Thanks, ladies! I will definitely show it when finished - but there's a long way to go still... ;)

Lizzie said...

It looks fab already. Can't wait to see the finished result - but like you, I hope you won't be "needing" it any time soon!

nicole/brussels said...

dit zal weer iets prachtigs worden, dat zie ik zo, en ben echt benieuwd naar het eindresultaat!

Molly said...

ooh - i love your quilt! such wonderful colors and textures.

my daughter, looking over my shoulder at your blog, just said, "i saw that necklace on craftgawker!"

Kari. said...

I agree. Please show us the whole thing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails