March 9, 2009

And yet another basket...

Last Friday, as I was wandering around a bit in town, I saw this beautiful but outrageously priced purse - this is Paris after all... It was made out of small, black leather squares stitched onto a beige leather background. Gorgeous, but as I said a bit pricey...

And then on the metro, I had a creative moment: linen basket + leather squares = yet another basket! Of course, if I go on like this, the question arises what will I end up doing with all those baskets?!

Basket with leather squares 4

Basket with leather squares 5

However, it's one of my favorites so far and I definitely want to further explore the idea. I actually already have a couple of things in mind...

To be continued, I'm sure!

8 comments:

nicole/brussels said...

Ook leuk , wanneer doe jij dit alles ?

vlijtig said...

Stoffen mandjes naaien is verslavend. Iedereen in mijn omgeving heeft er al een exemplaar. Maar die van jou zijn wel heel erg mooi! Mooi en sober. Ik ben benieuwd wat er nog meer voorbij gaat komen. Je bent zo creatief. Naai je het leer met een gewone naaimachine?

karen m. said...

Oh, your new basket is beautiful! The contrast in textures and colors is so pretty. Also liked the photos from your underground tour. :-) Hope you have a good week!

jane said...

I love it!! Ps Thanks for visiting! Cheers!

cindy : quaint said...

love it!

Pascale said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Everything was made on my very basic sewing machine - and for once it behaved really well... ;)

Lovely Little Lovelies said...

this is so great!

Lindsay C said...

This is so pretty ! It is a simple effect with a big impact !

Related Posts with Thumbnails