March 31, 2009

A little bit of color...



I wanted to add a little bit of color to our living & dining room area, as right now everything can be categorized under "earth tones", red, and a twist of darkish blue in the rugs. Earlier this week, I dug up a small painting I made last year - nothing spectacular, really, but I thought it (sort of) works well with the brown painting and the dark wood of the dining table and chairs.

Blue squares

Today I decided to make some pillow covers based on the the leather squares idea from a couple of weeks ago. I still had a piece of petroleum blue leather in my stash, about the same shade as the blue I used in the painting. Though, I like the way it turned out (except for one minor detail - the leather slightly peeled off when I pulled away the tape I used to keep the squares in place while sewing...humpf!) I'm not sure it actually "adds" color or the right color. The oatmeal colored linen seemed kind of dull in the brown sofa, so the pillow might end up somewhere else... Need to check with K., to see what he thinks before I start on the other one I planned to make. M. already generously offered to put it somewhere in her room...

As to the leather squares, I still have a couple more ideas in mind. I'm sure you'll be able to read about it here! I'd better start thinking about another solution for the tape problem, however...
Related Posts with Thumbnails