April 15, 2009

New lens :: experimenting









I finally got my new lens! An AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D - a lens highly recommended on the net by many Nikon (DSLR) users. It arrived yesterday, but I had to wait until today for running my first tests. And I guess I'll need a couple more test rounds before I can really say something meaningful about it. It definitely will take some time to get used to - just like with the other ones.

But here are some first test results: some pictures of lilacs - flowers reminding me of my childhood. Our neighbor would grow them in his backyard and every spring we would get plenty of them for putting in a vase. And so did my grandmother, who had the white ones in her backyard. I wonder if she would remember those... I need to ask her...

4 comments:

hzgrace said...

So happy that you are enjoying your new lens. But I couldn't help but notice YOUR LILACS ARE IN BLOOM!!
they are not even close to blooming up here (N.IL)

cindy : quaint said...

you new lense seems to love those lilacs and so do we. looks great!

nicole/brussels said...

prachtige beelden van één van mijn lievelingsbloemen, zo mooi gebracht dat je ze bijna kunt voelen, ruiken! Geslaagd!

Anonymous said...

oh je suis jalouse ...ca fait des annees que je n ai pas vu (et surtout senti)du lilas.Pour moi aussi c est un souvenir d enfance et de ma grand mere...

Related Posts with Thumbnails