September 18, 2009

Beaufort03 :: revisited

I know, summer vacation is way behind us. School has started again. We've almost adjusted to the new routines. And as little H. announced this morning, next week will be the beginning of Fall. That's why I'd like to take you back to summer one more time. A tribute to what was a wonderful summer for us with family and friends...

I've mentioned the Beaufort03 art exhibit before and how much fun we had exploring it.
But I actually didn't show you any pictures of it, I realized. Last night, I went through my, vast by now, collection of pictures on my computer and I stumbled upon these: pictures of Aeneas Wilder's work. It was by far my favorite piece in the exhibit. It's a tall open wooden structure on the beach, shaped like a dome, a beehive, an upside-down basket, or whatever you'd like to call it. I found it magnificent, of an overwhelming beauty, ... The light play, the shadows, the different views on what's around, beyond, beneath, the airy feel, and yet the feeling of being protected. Well it's hard to express in words, so I hope the pictures will take care of it...


Wishing you a wonderful weekend!




Aeneas Wilder - Untitled #143
Beaufort03, Westende, Belgium


nicole/brussels said...

één woord; prachtig! waarom ben ik dit niet gaan bezoeken? shame and regret I did n't see this when I was there at my summer holidays! It feels good now to discover it by your nice pictures!

Andrea, the collector said...

Wow, these are stunning photos. I love this kind of art. One of my favorite exhibits in recent years was a Richard Serra exhibit the MOMA some time ago. I loved being able to walk around inside the curving space, seeing it all change around me and above me. This looks phenomenal to experience too. Like it is part of this place, but transforming it at the same time. Very cool!

cindy said...

i think it is magnificent, too. and so are your wonderful photos! great stuff and thank you for sharing them. i love andy goldsworthy (reminds me of him) and saw the richard serra show and loved it for the same reasons andrea mentioned. enjoy your weekend!

Anisbee said...

Wonderful photos!

virginia said...

Beautifully captured!

Related Posts with Thumbnails