November 18, 2009

Yarn fever...



It's that time of the year again. Every year at some point in Fall I feel the urge to start knitting. My very first post on this blog actually was about knitting.
Finding a bag with some Brown Sheep left over yarn didn't really help - there wasn't enough to start on something. But in the same bag I also found these crocheted squares.



I can't remember what they were for (a poncho for one of the girls, maybe?). I probably made them in my crocheting phase a long time ago. There were fourteen of them, all with a different pattern and/or stitch. And I'm glad I never threw them out as I did with so many other things on our last move. Turns out they were perfect for our little project last weekend, when M. and I were thinking of how we could make a bag for her, with no sewing on the machine required as she wanted to do it herself.



The bag is ready now, and it is oh so cute. M. stitched all the squares together (I only did a few to show her and I did the side seams), while I crocheted a strap with yarn still in the found bag. Yesterday, I finished it off by adding some lining made from one of daddy's old t-shirts - it couldn't be better! - and a heart shaped button. It was ready in time to be taken to gym. She slipped it on and of she went, so happy with a bag she pieced together herself...
And now I have one more girl who's been begging me for a bag. I have something in mind already - to be continued...

Related Posts with Thumbnails