January 22, 2010

Granny squares



Earlier this week I was still complaining about my lack of creativity and energy. It looks like both are coming back, as some of you predicted. K. wasn't the only one who had to recover, apparently. But we're back on track now! Both of us!

I don't know what triggered it, but on Wednesday afternoon I found myself rummaging through my craft supplies, looking for a crochet hook and some yarn. I have quite a stash of left over yarns, and I did remember this gorgeous granny squares blanket on Yvestown (also check out her photostream for more colorful projects). I started on the flowers and made a small stack of them that very same night. Yesterday, I went out to get me some white and a couple more colors. [This is totally besides the story but on my hunt for yarn I got "lost" at some point, but in a fun way. I came across a part of Paris I didn't know yet and which I definitely need to go back to some time soon, to check out the nicest little boutiques. I'll keep you posted!]

Anyway, it took me a while to find the appropriate white cotton but eventually I did. So, last night I finished off some of the granny squares. I don't know yet what I'll use them for, a blanket or some pillows. Though that was the initial idea, I'm afraid a blanket is a little bit of an ambitious and risky project for a restless mind like me who likes to change projects often. And it could cause some problems here too, as the girls are already asking who it will be for. Two pillow cases, however, would make both girls happy and maybe that would make a nice Valentine's Day present as well...
Need to think about it!

10 comments:

virginia said...

oooh, those would be pretty scattered on a linen pillow case.

glad to see that you're back!

holly p said...

The colors are beautiful!

nicole/brussels said...

heb onlangs in een damesblad foto's gezien van wat nu de trend wordt in designers' world!guess what? jawel deze gehaakte vierkantjes, kleurrijk voor kussens of plaids is de trend! echt waar gezien!

said...

Good to read you are both doing better!

Pascale said...

@ Virginia: Talking about linen pillow cases combined with crochet, you really need to check out these (http://www.arealinenshop.com/violet.html), found through Bliss (http://blissfulb.blogspot.com/). Aren't these just gorgeous?!

blue moss said...

Your granny squares are so pretty...so glad you are feeling creative again. I was feeling the same way ....complained about it .....and then promptly made 4 necklaces :)

mon ami said...

looks like I'm not the only one with granny squares on the brain! Check out some more inspiring grannies here: http://monami.squarespace.com/mon-ami-journal/2010/1/17/inspiration-granny-squares.html

yours are lovely, I really like the white edging. And I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling some creative energy again

take care
xo

cindy said...

glad you're getting reinvigorated! i want to learn to crochet so badly just to make those granny squares. you have no idea. i wish you could teach me. i love yours and the colors! there are so many things you can do with them. have fun. enjoy your weekend!

xo, c

ps my word verification is 'weepings' ;).

Andrea, the collector said...

Love the idea of pillow cases with granny squares. Makes me think of knitted lace inserts I saw for pillow cases in the book "Weekend Knitting". It will be fun to see what your little project becomes!

La Graine said...

It's a beautifull granny !!!!!
I love this colors !!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails