April 12, 2010

And all is quiet...

Bonne nuit!

Today was the big day - little H. left this morning with her class on "classe verte". She woke up cheerfully and all excited. She finished breakfast in no time, got dressed in even less time, all while chatting and talking and rattling. Because we couldn't keep it any longer, we left too early to the bus station, and hence got there way too early - just like many other parents of evenly nervous kids. She pulled her suit case for quite a bit on our way there, 'as she needed to practice...', she said. When we got there the teaching assistants took over the luggage and put it in the trunk and then the waiting for the actual countdown began. We met her room mates and plenty of other kids and parents, some of them a bit more quiet than usual or quite the contrary. Let's say our little H. belonged to the latter group. Yes, she shed a few tears because "she would miss her big sister so much", but the sadness lasted only a few minutes. She was one of the first ones to get on the bus, sat down at the window and waved us goodbye with a big, big smile, holding up her little bear so he could see.
And then, they were all gone...
And next thing were my tears - only a couple.
Because I was proud of her,
because I was happy to see her this way,
because I would miss her,
because this day had finally come.
She'd been waiting for it for so long...

Have fun, my little girl!
... et "Bonne nuit!!"


xo, Mommy



Note: We made a couple of surprises which we hid in her suitcase. The instructions for the Sarubobo puppet I found at Mairuru's and I added a little sleeping bag for it. And then there's "la boîte à bisous" - she announced many times herself she wanted one of those too... so we couldn't let her go without one. We wrote sweet messages on tiny strips of paper and rolled them up, glued a family picture on the inside of the box and further decorated the box with flowery wrapping paper.

13 comments:

nicole/brussels said...

het laatste stukje was zo aandoenlijk dat ik door mijn traantjes heen probeer te schrijven! ik voel me nu net als 35jaar geleden toen haar mama vertrok naar de "zeeklassen"! wat miste ik toen mijn kleine meid!nu zie ik dat hetzelfde zich zovele jaren later herhaald, en terug voel ik die pijn, nu om mijn kleindochter en hoop dat ze een fijne tijd beleeft! we love you little H., please take care of yourself!

Nicole/Brussels said...

"Twee gelukkige meisjes in een warm nest"
Papie

karen said...

So very, very sweet! Your wee little doll is darling, and that surprise box looks like it is full of kisses for your girl. You are an amazing mother! Hope you have a lovely week. We are off to make your jump ropes.

cindy said...

oh dear, i feel all weepy. you are such a dear mom and i love all the little surprises you made for your little h. she will love them as she discovers her treasures while she is traveling, such a big girl. and, the true joy will be when she comes home and is so excited to tell you everything!

Laura said...

That doll & sleeping bag are so sweet! What fun for H to find them in her suitcase! I love the little box with the messages too. What lovely craft ideas!

Jo said...

I really like ur sleeping bag!!
I think i will make some for my amigurumi:)

Thanks for the idea!

said...

What a sweet idea! Oh I must remember this when my little ones leave for their first school trip!

Enjoy the days (even if it might be hard?!)

Baa-Me Kniits said...

How lovely to have girls....my boys would die of embarrassment if I tried any of that with them, I might get away with an Amigurumi sock monkey which they have both been hankering after but the sweet little box of messages,No Way :-) Hope she has a lovely camp and the week goes quickly!

virginia said...

yes, there is a difference between boys and girls - my son also would have died of embarrassment. however, another mother suggested sending one letter in advance so he would receive something during that first mail call, and two later during the week - that was apparently okay.

i love the sleeping bag, and it reminded me of an invitation i received when i was 12 - to a sleepover. the mother made and mailed a dozen tiny sleeping bags, with the party info tucked inside, and i thought it was amazing!

Pascale said...

There might be a difference between boys and girls but age matters too, I believe. Little H. is only six and I'm sure she's happy to find little surprises tucked away in her suitcase. I'm not sure about my oldest girl, though, who will be ten soon - even though she told me she loved the little puppet and would like to have one too, and she also told me she loved finding the box in her suitcase last year, I can feel things are shifting... She's growing up...

Andrea, the little collector said...

What a lovely little surprise! I would be delighted to find a little gift like that when away from those I love. Thanks for sharing your delicious ideas.

OneClickGallery said...

I like your blog so much I gave it an award on my blog! Check it out:
http://oneclickgallery.blogspot.com/

What a cute idea for your daughter, she'll love the surprise :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet idea!
I guess, it depends very much on the kid, if it is o.k. to put something in the bag as a surprise. I was hiding a little surprise guardian angel (a cool one...), when my son had his first school trip and he liked it a lot, but told me that he had to fight his tears, when he found it. My daughter immediately declared that she does not want a surprise, because she would be too overwhelmed by her emotions (o.k. she was six at that time and said it in a little different way...). And actually, I would have never dared to surprise her in that way.
By the way, love your blog a lot!

Greetings, Bele

Related Posts with Thumbnails