December 9, 2009

Finished

Pillow cover

I promised I would show you the finished product of my latest experiment.
So, here it is: another pillow cover. I absolutely love the way it turned out. If I ever end up having an Etsy shop, this one definitely will be in it. That and the shopping bags.

I simply used fabric strips from an old (favorite) T-shirt of K.'s that I cut to pieces already anyway for making the lining of M.'s little bag.

My favorite part is the knot in the back for closing, made from the left over ends of the strips I wove into the linen of the front.

A simple yet effective craft that goes perfectly well with our couch.
I think we need more...


Pillow cover

Pillow cover

Pillow cover

11 comments:

nicole/brussels said...

dat is nu eens echt mooi!!!
hou van de afwerking, geknoopt met die lintjes, zéér origineel, daarbij denkend aan de récup van een oude T-shirt, zou er zelf nooit opgekomen zijn, daarvoor moet je talent hebben !love it a lot!

Crafty Cripple said...

It is gorgeous. What a clever and effective idea. I think if you ever have an etsy shop, this would fly off the digital shelves!

Jacqui said...

As usual, the simplest ideas are the most effective. Gorgeous!

blue moss said...

I love love love it. Your things are always so clean and beautiful.....you would have the best etsy shop. :)

RosaMaría said...

i love it! your desings are so beautiful because they are so simple! you would have an etsy shop :)

Mari said...

Ohhhhhhh definitely More!!! This is gorgeous!

said...

So simple (I don't mean the making but looking of it) and clear - I think it is georgeous!

Andrea, the collector said...

I want one...no two. Or more! Fantastic!

cindy said...

i love how you used the t-shirt for the strips. such a special touch. and yes, you do need more. wonderful project!

elenor said...

Congratulation! Your pillow looks great, so very, very elegant!

I always love to read your blog!

Best wishes from Austria!

Kim Gaynor said...

Oh my goodness. I love, love, love this pillow. It's just my style. Any chance you can share a tutorial on how you made it? I am learning to sew and would love to make one for my master bedroom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails